The days of September passed by in a flash.
And what a glorious month it was. Full of skies as deep blue as the middle of the ocean, clouds that sailed like ships and that wonderful crisp bite to the air in the mornings and evenings. I love this time of year – when sweet golden and pink-skinned apples are sold at the Farmer’s Market and leaves are showing hints of crimson and yellow. September is truly one of the best months to be alive. And with the arrival of a new month comes the setting of new goals. Here are my goals from last month:
-Run two miles in 20 minutes or under: I did very little running and have decided that that’s OK. I’d rather be biking. I’m scratching that one off the list.
-Bike 100 miles over the course of the month: Check.
-Clean up all excess junk in one room of the house: Sort of….We’ll leave it at that.
-Find a tattoo place: Not yet.
– Go hiking: Yes. Went hiking at South Mountain a couple of weekends ago.
– Talk to a realtor about putting house up for sale: No. Might wait with this one.
-Read up to page 750 in War and Peace: Yes. Read past page 750 in fact.
– Finish editing book: No. Not even half-way through. There just never seems to be enough time.
– write a short story: No, Still pondering ideas for this one.
– Get the puppy housetrained (!) : No, but not through lack of trying.
– Celebrate turning 30: Yes.
– Do something altruistic: Yes.
– Bike 150 miles
-read to page 850 in War and Peace
-Find a tattoo place
-Meet with mill owner and write story for potential magazine article
-finish editing book
-Hike at Mount Mitchell
-Come up with an idea for a short story and at least start writing it.
– park in some small town and walk through it.
– Sit in a coffee shop for an hour and write down everything I observe
– read two novels and write a review
– blog once a week (or more)